May 17, 2005

I <3 British Music

For the icon impaired, that's "I heart British Music".

I watched the BRIT awards a few weeks ago, recorded from BBC America and actually from February. I discovered my recent musical purchases are mostly British:

British Group

  • Franz Ferdinand Domino Recordings
  • Kasabian RCA / Sony BMG Music
  • Keane Island / Universal Music
  • Muse Taste Media / Warner Music
  • Snow Patrol Fiction / Polydor / Universal Music

MasterCard British Album

  • Keane Hopes and Fears Island / Universal Music
  • Franz Ferdinand Franz Ferdinand Domino Recordings
  • Muse Absolution Taste Media / Warner Music
  • Snow Patrol Final Straw Fiction / Polydor / Universal Music
  • The Streets A Grand Don't Come For Free 679 / Locked On / Warner Music
I own Franz Ferdinand, Keane, Snow Patrol, The Streets, and Muse.

International Group

  • Scissor Sisters Polydor / Universal Music
  • Green Day Reprise / Warner Music
  • Maroon 5 J / Sony BMG Music
  • OutKast Arista / Sony BMG Music
  • U2 Island / Universal Music

International Album

  • Scissor Sisters Scissor Sisters Polydor / Universal Music
  • Killers Hot Fuss Lizard King
  • Maroon 5 Songs about Jane J / Sony BMG Music
  • OutKast OutKast Speakerboxxx/The Love Below Arista / Sony BMG Music
  • U2 How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb Island / Universal Music

International Breakthrough Act

  • Scissor Sisters Polydor / Universal Music
  • Jet Elektra / Warner Music
  • Kanye West Roc-A-Fella / Universal Music
  • Killers Lizard King
  • Maroon 5 J / Sony BMG Music
Scissor Sisters ruled the day. They opened the show backed with puppets from the Jim Henson Creature Shop. It was quite bizarre.

No comments: